5 things I’m excited to do this spring.

Happy Easter everybody! This truly is my favourite time of year, and I am so happy that the clocks have finally sprung forward. I mean, at last! Anyone else feel like this winter has lasted f o r e v e r? I’m so ready to kiss goodbye to snow, ice and freezing temperatures, and to embrace light nights, blossom trees and Easter with open arms. It’s without a doubt my favourite time of year. Back in October I listed a little wishlist I had for the autumn months, so to celebrate the start of spring I decided I would list exactly what I want to get up to this season…

1. Plan some cute day trips

It’s been ages since I spontaneously got in my car, or hopped on a train, and went out for a day of exploring, good food, lots of photos and new experiences. Maybe it’s because the weather has been so cold/drizzly/wet/snowy, but now that the days are getting longer and the temperature will (hopefully!) be getting warmer, I’m really looking forward to getting a few day trips in the diary. Days out in Bristol and London are definitely on the cards, and I’m also looking forward to a few days back home next weekend so I can visit some of my favourite places in West Wales. I’d love to go further afield too, but I’m in the process of saving for a house so that may need to wait until a summer holiday!

2. Get outside more

I am also so fed up of spending so much time indoors. I’ve forced myself to brave the cold and get out and about over the winter, but I can’t help but rush around as quickly as possible to get back into the warmth of my flat. I love the countryside, the fresh air and I’m so looking forward to these longer, lighter nights.

3. Go road running at least once a week

Last week I completed my first ever 10k race (keep your eyes peeled for a post coming up soon!) and in a bid to continue my training and get half marathon ready for October I want to get outside and run at least once a week. I’ve actually started to really love running, but it’s time to get off the treadmill and out into the open air.

4. Be that basic bitch taking blossom tree photos

Yep, I’m not even afraid to admit I am one of these gals who gets so excited when the trees fill with blossom. It’s just too pretty not to photograph, am I right? I want to start working on some more outfit photos too, and they create the perfect background.

5. Springclean and declutter

I’m always cleaning anyway, but now that I’m hoping to move flats at some point this year it’s definitely time to declutter and get rid of bits and bobs I no longer need. I’m going to start this morning by blitzing the flat from top to toe, opening the windows to get in some fresh air, and getting the washing done so the flat smells of fresh laundry. Then, it’s onto my makeup bag to get rid of products that are old and no longer in use, before working through the letters and notes I keep stashed in a box.

What are you looking forward to doing this spring?

TWITTER | INTSAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’

1. Jasmin Charlotte
    April 1, 2018 / 2:57 pm

Yesss I am all for lots of spring blossom photos!! x

2. Chichi
    April 3, 2018 / 7:18 pm

I am so sick and tired of winter (goodbye Beast From The East) and I can't wait to take cute pictures of blossom trees.Chichichichiwrites.com

3. Emma
    April 3, 2018 / 8:08 pm

I love this! I'm so excited for blossoms too! They're just so cute and photo-perfect. We also get our carpet cleaned every spring as part of spring cleaning, is it weird that that's what I'm most excited for? Oh, and eating all of the discount easter candy I stocked up on, haha!

4. Danielle Alexa
    April 4, 2018 / 7:41 pm

I really want to plan some good day trips, I am thinking days to the coast!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

5. Nadine-Adele ♥
    April 6, 2018 / 11:11 am

There's nothing better than taking basic bitch blossom photos! It never gets old!I'm excited to go on mini roadtrips this spring and for the ice cream man to visit our street twice a day! 🙂 || The Daring Life ♥

6. Cliona Hill
    April 6, 2018 / 2:44 pm

I'm looking forward to spending more time outside too! I can't wait for picnics, reading my book in the park and going to the beach! xwww.clionahill.com

7. Tasmin Lofthouse
    April 9, 2018 / 1:30 pm

Congrats on your 10K race! I also want to spend more time outdoors and exploring new (and old) places. But like you, I find this constant drizzly rain puts a stop to my outdoor plans waaay too often for my liking! Fingers crossed we have some good dry days to head outdoors :)xxTasmin | http://www.grandiosedays.com

8. Holly Emilia
    April 10, 2018 / 9:05 am

I can see why you are excited to do all of these awesome things! I love taking pictures of all the pretty blossom, it is almost rude not to I think! Well done with the running and I hope you can get out as much as you'd like. I'd love to start into running, have you got any tips on how to get going? Holly from The Art of Being Holly xo

9. Amanda
    April 10, 2018 / 9:44 am

I'm planning on doing all of these things as well! When I did the Great North Run last year I was running loads and just fell out of the habit of it this winter. (Because I couldn't bare to go outside in the cold) xxrhymeandribbons.com

10. Cat