Top tips for juggling blogging, full-time work/education, fitness and a social life.

The first week of a new year always seems
to be the week where everybody sorts their lives out. As cliché as it is – new
year, new you and all that jazz – it really is the perfect time to make a fresh
start, and this year I’m determined to continue working hard on my blog, my
career and I want to seriously up my fitness regime.

Having time to fit this all in, alongside
having a social life and actually having time to yourself can be a bloody nightmare, but I do have some
tricks up my sleeve. Today I thought I’d share my top tips for juggling
everything. Here’s how I do it…

1. Plan everything
in your diary

Whether it’s a digital planner or a good
old-fashioned paper book (that’s my preference) write absolutely everything in
your diary so you know what you’re doing, where you’ll be and who you’ll be
with. I literally plan my life down to the minute, so there’s always a time and
place. Obviously this can’t always be followed, things often crop up out of the blue, but just having that plan there
means I get my workouts and blog writing in around my work and social life.

2. Work on your commute

I seem to spend half of my life on trains
or public transport, as I’m sure loads of you guys do too. So instead of
sitting there aimlessly scrolling through social media, why not use the time
wisely to get shizz done so you can actually have time to chill in the evening?
Use your commutes as a chance to catch up on e-mails, blog reading and tweet
scheduling, or if you’re stuck underground then use it as a chance to edit
photos for your blog or Insta-feed. I like to use longer train journeys (aka.
the four hour commute I’m currently doing twice weekly between London and
Wales) to get blog posts written up, even if only in draft form. It makes such
a difference and you feel so productive!

3. Book your workouts in advance

Actually taking time to workout can be a
mammoth task. When you’ve had a busy day, sometimes all you want to do is sit
at home with nothing but a box set and a box of chocolates to keep you company.
But just think of how good you always
feel after a workout! Plan your workout classes in advance – for me the best
time is usually just after work so I can finish work and go without having time to
change my mind. This stops you having an inner battle with yourself about
going, and once you’re booked in you feel more committed.

4. Get your body into a routine

When you’re living a super hectic lifestyle
it’s so important to get some much-needed beauty sleep and to eat well in order
to stop yourself from burning out. For me, having a set bedtime has really
helped to keep my body (and brain!) ticking over when my life is a little all
over the place. I try to get to sleep by about 10.30pm, and I know I need a
good 9 hours in order to be able to function the next day. This obviously
varies for everybody, but personally if I’m having 8 hours or under then I wake
up feeling tired, groggy and just downright bleuugh. My body now works like
clockwork; waking up is easy when my alarm sounds and on the weekends I’m
usually alive and kicking by 8am so I can cram a lot of blog admin in whilst sitting in bed and watching telly in the morning before I get on with my day.

5. Get your blog photography done in bulk

And when I say bulk, I mean get enough
flatlay and lifestyle photos to see you through for the next few weeks.
Honestly, I find taking beauty photos for my blog incredibly tedious. It takes
so much time to set up, my bedroom looks like a bombsite during the whole
process, I always seem to choose days to photograph when the lighting is
absolutely abysmal, and it takes about four days until everything is packed
away and my room is back in place again. But having those photos on hand means
I can blog my butt off, and I’ve also got lots of content ready for Instagram
too!

6. Always make time for yourself

I’ve rattled on about making time for the
gym and being sure to schedule in a blog photography session, but you absolutely
must make time for yourself too, if
only for your sanity! Go out with your friends (be sure to snap an outfit shot
or lookbook beforehand, obv), take time to spend with your family or partner,
have a pamper night with a face mask and hot bubble bath, do the little things
in life that make you happy. I went through a phase when writing my thesis
where I did nothing but work and workout. I didn’t see my friends, I hardly saw
my boyfriend, and it eventually made me feel really low and depressed. Now I make
sure that I take time to myself, and I work so much better because of it.

What are your top tips for juggling life?

1. Anna - Alina
    January 6, 2017 / 9:46 am

Amazing tips! ♥http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

January 7, 2017 / 9:32 am

Thank you! 🙂 xx

2. Mel Eaglestone
    January 6, 2017 / 10:35 am

I've started reading on my commute and it really makes a difference, it's good to feel like you're not wasting time just sitting there anymoreMel ★ http://www.meleaglestone.co.uk

January 7, 2017 / 9:41 am

It really does! So nice not to aimlessly scroll through social media too. xx

3. Victoria
    January 6, 2017 / 10:58 am

Really good tips. I always have a diary on me, I edit my insta pics on my tube journey to and from work and since I've been booking my gym sessions and classes into my work diary I'm far more likely to actually go. Recently my friends mum asked how I managed to fit so much in and it's quite simple: I work smart, my time is used sensibly and to do things I enjoy. I say yes a lot but no a hell of a lot more and enjoy what I do more as a result. V x

January 7, 2017 / 9:42 am

Thank you so much! YES – you're so right. Using the time to do things you enjoy and actually saying no is so important. Thanks for your comment lovely xx

4. Lucy Cole
    January 6, 2017 / 11:04 am

Love these tips, I think I need to plan and bulk photograph my blog posts!Lucy x // http://lucy-cole.co.uk

January 7, 2017 / 9:43 am

Honestly, it's so much easier! I really need to bulk take photography today! xx

5. Jenny
    January 6, 2017 / 11:08 am

Making more time for myself is one of my resolutions for this year – so important! x

January 7, 2017 / 9:43 am

Definitely important xx

6. Eloise Alice
    January 6, 2017 / 1:05 pm

these were very similiar to my goals last year and i actually managed to achieve them and in turn it's resulted in positive outcomes. good luck on your resolutions and happy new year darling xohttp://www.thewhimsicalwildling.com/

January 7, 2017 / 9:43 am

Happy new year! xx

7. Sinéad Dreaming Again
    January 6, 2017 / 10:55 pm

The whole balancing work and my blog thing has really been something I want to sort out this year. I totally agree with you on these points, I've bought a diary which is really helping and I think photographing in bulk is so important, whenever I'm off work and have some good natural day light I take all the photos! haha xSinéad | Dreaming Again

January 7, 2017 / 9:45 am

Haha, I was hoping to get some bulk photography shots done today but the natural light is appalling 🙁 xx

8. Katina Lindaa
    January 7, 2017 / 12:53 am

Love this post! I have a few tips of my own so I feel like this post has been great inspo for me to write something similar 🙂 Juggling blogging and a full time job isn't that hard once you get a good routine in! 🙂 Great post xKatina Lindaa | http://www.katinalindaa.com

January 7, 2017 / 9:46 am

Thank you 🙂 let me know when yours is live so I can have a read! xx

9. Paula Loreti
    January 7, 2017 / 1:47 am

You give the best advices as always!! It's amazing how your blog gets better with every postwww.blossomikebana.com

January 7, 2017 / 9:45 am

Thank you so much 😀 that really made my morning! xx

10. The Makeup Aficionado
    January 7, 2017 / 10:01 am

I loved reading this post. I just started uni again yesterday though it's a small summer class. I start for real at the end of febuary and I do find it hard to balance blogging and uni. In 2016 I got much much better with being consistent I use to go a-wall for months on the blog which really stunted its growth. I just want to step up my A game during uni this year. if I could write three posts a week I'd be happy. Though I've written A LOT of posts during my break and even last year when I had the time. Pre writing posts is a life saver as well as pre photographing. I'm at 160 pre written posts. All the best to your blogging and uni this year. http://www.themakeupaficionado.comhttps://www.instagram.com/themakeupaficionado17/https://au.pinterest.com/bernadette_95/

January 7, 2017 / 10:02 am

Wow! 160 pre-written posts is a dream.. I have two posts on half haha! Thanks for your comment and you'll definitely be able to juggle both! It's all down to timing. xx

11. Hannah Williams
    January 7, 2017 / 1:24 pm

Planning in a diary is the way I've been doing it for a few years and it's the way to go for sure! xxBlog:: Hannah Rose

January 8, 2017 / 10:03 am

I totally agree! xx

12. Foirell Kiri
    January 7, 2017 / 2:32 pm

Really great tips hun. I am really looking forward to this year. Hope you have a good one!Foirell | http://www.citygirlrell.com

13. Frances
    January 7, 2017 / 3:30 pm

Yes yes yes to maximising commute time (I do this everyday) and bulk taking blog pictures! It's so nice to have so many photos ready to go so you're sorted – such a weigh off your shoulders 🙂 xxFrances Kayleigh

14. Corinne
    January 7, 2017 / 5:06 pm

Planning is key! I always plan out what I need to do and put a time limit to it and try to stick to it.Corinne xwww.skinnedcartree.com

January 8, 2017 / 10:03 am

Time limits is a great idea! I need to do this as I always end up procrastinating on Instagram! xx

15. Jessica
    January 8, 2017 / 9:03 am

Great tips! I especially need to start taking photos in bulk as I have the same problem as you, and my bedroom is a tip for days after I've gotten everythig out! Thank you xJessica | http://www.jessicaduartemua.com

January 8, 2017 / 10:02 am

Haha it just takes so long to get everything organised! I'm planning on a blog photography day today! xx