I don’t know about you, but now that January is here, I’m all for snuggling up in my pyjamas and fluffy mermaid blanket on a Saturday night. My heels and party dresses are stashed away and I’m spending my evenings with a reality television series instead of a bottle of prosecco, and I rather like it that way.
For me, there’s nothing nicer than whipping up a healthy meal, soaking in a hot bath or having a piping hot shower, giving myself a little pamper and lighting all the candles so the room is twinkling while I do it. It’s so important to give ourselves some love, especially with all the pressures we have going on in our daily lives. January can be a bit of a bleugh month, but I love to make the most of it. Here are my absolute must-haves for a cosy night in this January.
1. Candles: these may seem like a bit of a luxury rather than a necessity, but let’s just say a room full of flickering flames really gets me in the mood for a cosy night in. They definitely seem to have a soothing property and I find them really calming, so ideal if you’ve had a seriously hectic week in work or university. They’re also great for aromatherapy – the essential oils mixed into the wax provide a gorgeous scent that help you to really unwind. My favourite scent has to be the Clean Cotton Yankee Candle – who doesn’t love fresh bed sheets?
2. Luxury bath products: whether it’s a Lush bath bomb, an invigorating body scrub, or a sweet scented shower gel, grab your favourite products and get scrubbing. I love taking my time in the shower when having a cosy night in, giving my hair a really good wash and using a nice conditioning mask to give it a little extra TLC.
3. A facial and mani-pedi: this is probably my favourite part of spending the weekend evenings tucked indoors throughout January. It’s all about looking after your health and wellbeing, and what better way than to give your skin some love? I like to take all my makeup off, and give my face a good double cleanse, using my Clinique foam cleanser to begin with, before going in with a facial scrub. Using the fingers to really massage the product into the skin helps to give it a really lovely glow, and then I tone and slather on lots of moisturiser to keep my skin feeling super hydrated. Then, if needed, I give my fingers and toes a nice fresh coat of paint.
4. Fresh pyjamas and fluffy socks: omg, is there anything better than putting on some fresh pyjamas that are still warm from the radiator and smell of fabric conditioner? The answer is no. It’s just amazing.
5. A box set or a good book: I’ve really been enjoying catching up on all of the new year reality TV these past few weeks (I’m an absolute sucker for a good reality show), but having the time to chill out with no electronic devices and just a TV show, a good book or a magazine to keep you company is bliss. It’s so important to take time out, especially after such a crazy busy festive season, and combining all of these must-haves together makes for the perfect evening.
What are your must-haves for a cosy night in?
Lots of love. xoxo