October 2016 | Life Lately…

As I write this I am sat in a tiny room in a hostel in Hammersmith. I can hear people laughing from the terrace outside and I’m feeling exhausted, but pretty content and rather proud of myself that today I started my first day interning at Elle Magazine! Honestly, the fact that I’m working behind the scenes of one of the world’s most prestigious magazines is mind boggling. Little old me, from a tiny Welsh town, in the Big Smoke taking steps to achieve my dream. It’s really exciting and I’m finally feeling positive and motivated after a rather crappy few weeks.

October went by in the blink of an eye and it’s safe to say it’s been rather hectic. I’ve spent the majority of the month here in London, and will be here for nearly all of November too, but I really am so pleased that I’ve battled through my homesickness and have finally accepted that my home and family will always be there. It has been tough, if I’m honest, staying in hostels and crappy hotels, spending most of my nights alone, and getting to grips with the hectic London lifestyle; but I definitely feel like London is somewhere that I could live now.

I’ve grown to love the hustle and bustle, the almighty buildings, the beautiful parks and crazy tube lines. The Welsh countryside will always be my true love, but I can see myself living in this sweeping city and absolutely loving it. I’m so, so proud of what I achieved. I can’t quite believe that I’m here.

I did spend some time at home this month too, and it was mostly spent catching up with friends and my family, having some much needed quality time with Dan and generally just spending time focusing on my health, my blog and relaxing. It was so needed, and being home has made me really excited for Christmas and all the time I’ll get to spend with my family instead of revising for exams this year.

I’m still on the job hunt which is pretty scary, but the fact that I’m taking almighty steps towards obtaining my dream career has left me feeling positive, hungry for success and downright determined. I feel like I’m in a really good place now, far better than how I felt at the end of last month, and it’s all down to getting out there and reaching for my dreams. Let’s hope something great comes of it!

1. Louise Francesca
    November 7, 2016 / 9:02 am

That's amazing about your internship, congratulations!! I interned in London last summer and had an amazing time, would be good to hear updates on what you're doing over at Elle! Would love if you could check out my new post? And do you have Instagram?The Fashion Road.comInstagram @louisefrancescaa

November 14, 2016 / 9:54 pm

Thanks so much lovely 🙂 Where did you intern? xx

2. charlotte carter
    November 7, 2016 / 3:20 pm

Love this post, gorgeous pictures. Congrats on your internship, you must be so so excited! a life of a charlottex

November 14, 2016 / 9:54 pm

Thanks so much 🙂 It's really fun! xx

3. Hannah Walter
    November 7, 2016 / 6:05 pm

Wow – sounds like you've had a great month. You should be so proud of yourself, because you're doing such amazing things so soon after finishing uni! Glad you are enjoying London!!Suitcase and Sandals Blog XX

November 14, 2016 / 9:54 pm

Thank you Hannah! 🙂 I feel much better now as I think I was being too hard on myself haha! xx

4. Laura M
    November 7, 2016 / 6:24 pm

Sounds like it's going well so far! Glad you're embracing the experience!She Likes to Shop

November 14, 2016 / 9:54 pm

Thanks Laura! xx

5. Julie Ly
    November 7, 2016 / 11:51 pm

Hope you enjoy your time in London lovely. xxJuliewww.rainingcake.com

November 14, 2016 / 9:53 pm

Thank you Julie! 🙂 xx

6. afterfour.co.uk
    November 8, 2016 / 6:03 pm

Congratulates! That is absolutely fantastic that you are following your dreams, I know how you are feeling, I had to move to London a while back for my internship and I struggled really badly. I ran back to Wales after it finished 🙂 but I am going visit for a weekend soon, London has it charms and it is place full of opportunities! Good luck x Did you visit any cool places in London so far? 🙂

November 14, 2016 / 8:49 pm

Thanks so much 🙂 Wales is so amazing though, I can't blame you haha! I don't think I could ever leave permanently, just temporarily haha! xx