As some of you may know, I’ve now been blogging for three years. I seriously can’t believe how fast the time has gone, but at the same time I feel as though I’ve been blogging forever. Is that weird? I almost feel as if blogging is a part of me now, and it’s definitely something I couldn’t live without. So for today’s post I thought I’d share the 21 ways your life changes when you become a blogger, and I’m sure so many of you can relate!
1. You have to Instagram EVERYTHING. And I mean everything. “WAAIT! Don’t eat that yet – I need to take a photo of it!” becomes a sentence you use on an almost daily basis.
2. Brunch is life. And sitting in your kitchen on a Sunday morning, scrolling through Instagram with one hand whilst holding your bowl of rice crispies in the other makes you seriously envious.
3. You want to buy all the makeup.
4. But you can’t actually start wearing it until you’ve taken a photo of the product in all its packaging glory for your blog.
5. You look forward to a day off simply so you can sit in your pjs and catch up on blogging.
6. You have to get ready at least one hour before going out because you need to take all of the outfit photos, at several different angles.
7. Your mum/boyfriend/housemate’s life also changes as they find themselves becoming your designated photographer. (And eventually you don’t even need ask them to take photos, they just kind of do it without being prompted.)
8. Sunday night is no time for socialising as you’re too deep into those Twitter chats.
9. You own about 8745 MAC lipsticks, but you’re always wanting more.
10. A quick trip to Boots for some face wipes results in you coming out with a whole new makeup bag a good hour or so later.
11. When out with your “real-life” friends you start talking about something a blogger said on Twitter/shared on Instagram and they have no clue what or who you’re talking about.
12. When doing your makeup you narrate each step as you look in the mirror and pretend you’re filming a YouTube video. “So first I’m going to use the Dior Skin Forever Foundation and will blend it onto the face with a beauty blender…”
13. You collect little trinkets, random objects, white backgrounds and all things marble for flat lay decoration and blog photos.
14. You wear all black, but you want everything in your home to be white.
15. You get really excited when you see a blogger in a TV advert or on a magazine cover, and even more excited if they follow you on Twitter!
16. Your forever lusting over makeup storage pictures on Pinterest, and dream of having a huge dressing table filled with organised makeup boxes and tidies.
17. “Sorry Hannah, I can’t come out tonight. I have a blog post that needs to be up by 8am tomorrow morning.”
18. Your become slightly obsessed with PLL. And avoid Twitter at all costs in case you accidentally find out who A is. You’re also always lusting over the liars’ makeup while watching.
19. You get to go to wonderful events and get pampered like the queen you are. (And while you’re there you’re constantly wondering how you got so lucky!)
20. You also virtually meet some wonderful people, who become amazing friends that you can always count on, and meeting them IRL is always so nervewrecking but so fun!
21. You’re seriously grateful for everything you’ve learned as a blogger, and even though it’s taken over your life, you wouldn’t have it any other way! <3
Can you relate? Is there something I’ve missed?
How has your life changed since you started blogging?
Lots of love,