I cannot believe we are already into the seventh month of 2015. At least half way through the year and what a year it has been! For today’s post I’ve decided to change things up a bit. Instead of doing my monthly favourites I am going to do a monthly lifestyle post – recapping everything that has happened in the last month – as June 2015 truly has been fabulous. I handed in my last university assignment at the end of May so for me June meant I finally got my social life back, and boy has it been busy!
1. One Direction – the first weekend of June was spent with my young cousin Bethany celebrating her 15th birthday by going to see One Direction and McBusted in Cardiff! It was the most amazing night and we absolutely loved every second, even being stuck outside the stadium waiting for the gates to open in gale force winds.
2. Making the most of the sunshine – we’ve been lucky to see some gorgeous weather in Wales this past month so Dan and I made the most of these by visiting lots of beautiful beaches around the Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire coast. We are truly lucky to live in such a stunning part of the country.
3. Catch ups with friends – after hiding myself in my room for the past few months, doing nothing other than working on assignments and going to the gym, it was great to finally spend time with my friends this past month. We went out for food and I went to the beach with my friend and her little girl and it was so nice to socialise again!
4. X Festival – the second weekend of June was X Festival. It was a dance music festival in Cardiff and I spent the weekend there with the girls. Despite being sober and going home early because I couldn’t deal with the rain it was great to see the girls again and to be reunited after we all finished our degrees.
5. The Bodyguard – for Christmas I bought my mum tickets to see The Bodyguard musical in Cardiff. My mum absolutely loves Whitney Houston so it was the perfect present for her and this month we finally got to go watch it! We started the evening with a yummy meal at Strada before dancing the night away in the theatre. It was a truly fabulous show with Alexandra Burke playing the lead.
6. Holiday Time – finally at the end of the month it was time to jet off to Cyprus for a week with my boyfriend. We definitely felt like we needed it after both completing our finals in the previous month. I was so excited to go and it was really the most amazing week. I loved spending every minute with Dan and we didn’t stop laughing!
7. Exploring Cyprus – whilst on holiday we got the chance to explore the beautiful country of Cyprus and we learned all about the island’s history. It is really fascinating and so much has happened to this country in recent years. We explored the East coast and visiting Cape Greco, Protaras, the waterpark and even Famagusta. It was absolutely amazing!
8. Degree Results – despite results being released on the first of July I just had to share them with you guys. I am so incredibly proud to tell you all that I will be graduating from Cardiff University with a First Class Honours degree in Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies. I honestly haven’t worked harder for anything in my entire life, so to achieve this grade with firsts in all modules I took this year, including my dissertation, was a dream come true.
What have you been up to this past month?
Lots of love,