Summer for me is all about going on holiday and I’ve been very lucky this year. I went away to Cyprus in June with my lovely boyfriend (read all about it here) and in just over two weeks time I will be heading to Santorini for a relaxing week with my mum. I’m super excited, but while I absolutely love going on holiday I personally hate the travelling to and from your destination. I love duty free airport shopping, but hate the constant delays and hate the overnight travelling on a cramped flight. I always opt for a comfortable outfit to help combat these problems, but also like to look my best (beauty blogger probs!), so when Purple Parking* contacted me to see if I would be interested in participating in their ‘Flying Fashionably’ campaign I jumped at the chance to share my essentials!
First and foremost, comfortable clothes are an absolute necessity. I honestly can’t think of anything worse than wearing a tight fitting outfit on a long flight where you have no room to stretch or move, so I always opt for something light and stretchy, or ‘flowing’, to ensure comfort, but, of course, I like to choose clothes that look great too!
001. Day dresses are my favourite items to wear on the plane as they are always super comfy and aren’t too restricting, plus they are so cute and there is a never-ending plethora to choose from. What’s more, when you reach your destination they are light and airy so perfect for the soaring temperatures that hit you as soon as you step off the plane. The one featured is from New Look and is so light and airy!
002. For those of you that prefer something a little warmer (those planes can get so cold!), I love cotton harem pants/joggers. They come in a range of patterns and styles to suit all shapes and sizes, as well as different materials. They are basically sports joggers in a more fashionable form – stylish and practical – what’s not to love?! I personally prefer those that have an elasticated waist as they are a lot more comfortable for long journeys. These floral beauties are from River Island.
003. Oversized t-shirts are also great for throwing on and can look really cool and casual. Slogan tees are my favourite. Wear these with legins or some cute and comfy shorts. This Paris style tee is from River Island.
004. Finally, footwear that looks good and feels great is really important. While you will be sat down for the plane journey you’ll be on your feet a lot in the airport, whether it’s running to catch your flight, exploring the duty free counters, or stood in the check-in queue. I always opt for flat sandals or pumps. These sandals with a teeny platform are from Topshop are really cool yet still comfortable.
005. I also feel like sunglasses are an absolute essential. Firstly, they hide tired eyes; secondly, they look uber cool; thirdly, you can sleep and no one will realise; and lastly, they will be a must-have when reaching your destination and entering the sun’s rays! Tiptop have some amazing glasses!
Beauty products are also a necessity in my book (well, I am a beauty blogger after all), and I’m not just talking about my favourite lipsticks! There are so many little products you can take in your hand luggage to keep yourself feeling nice and fresh on your journey. These have to be placed in clear plastic bags and each bottle/product must exceed no more than 100ml and can add up to no more than 1 litre over all.
006. If you’re on a long haul flight or are stopping over at various airports before reaching your final destination then taking some tooth paste and a toothbrush will help you freshen up and feel squeaky clean.
007. I don’t know about you guys, but my hair resembles something of a bird’s nest after being on a plane so I always take a hairbrush, some bobby pins and a hair band or clip to throw my hair up as it starts to get a little crazy. A travel mini can of dry shampoo is also great for freshening up those roots whilst on the go, and Batiste is my favourite.
008. Another essential has to be some deodorant and perfume because, let’s face it, we all get a little stinky after a long period of being sat in one place. I always buy a perfume in the duty free at the airport and add a little squirt here and there before and after the plane journey.
009. I know a lot of people go makeup free when flying, but I always wear makeup and a plane journey is no exception for me, so to keep my face shine free I take some blotting paper to dab onto my t-zone. This keeps my face looking and feeling clean and fresh!
I think it’s really easy to look good and feel even better on a plane and flying fashionably needn’t be a chore! Of course, everyone is different but you can get gorgeous, comfy, clothing to wear and some super cute travel minis to keep you feeling fresh that can be thrown in your hand luggage and are ideal for long or short haul flights! Flying fashionably but feeling comfortable can really help to ensure your flight is as fuss-free as possible.
Check out the Hand Luggage Restrictions Table for more information on what you can take on a flight for each individual airline and Purple Parking if you’re looking to park your car at the airport when you jet off.
How do you fly fashionably?
What are your beauty and fashion essentials for flights?
Lots of love,
* This was a sponsored post.