Us beauty bloggers are all the same, and no matter how much you try to convince yourself that you don’t get sucked into the beauty blogosphere hype, you have to admit that the days where you could walk through Boots without picking up any new makeup products are a thing of the past. Ever since starting blogging I have become a little bit obsessed – I can’t wait for new makeup releases, whenever I see a product reviewed on a beauty blog I just have to have it, and I am a sucker for a photo with a pretty white background. Here are the #beautybloggerprobs that we’ve all come across in our time as a beauty blogger!
1. Not being able to use any new products until you have taken at least seventy four photos for the blog.
2. Convincing yourself you need that beauty product as it will make for a fabulous blog post.
3. Getting sucked in to the new product hype and counting down the days to beauty product releases.
4. There’s no such thing as a five minute face; a strong contour and highlight is an absolute necessity.
5. Trying your hardest to walk past Boots… One hour later you’re leaving the store with a heap of new, unneeded goodies!
6. Instagramming every single minute of your life.
7. Dreaming of living in a huge house where everything is completely white.
8. Already having almost fifty red lipsticks, but popping another one into your online basket as it’s an ever so slightly different shade that you must add to your collection.
9. Forever buying little trinkets to jazz up your blog photo flat lays.
10. Squealing a little whenever you see that Urban Decay are releasing a new Naked eyeshadow palette.
11. No bath is complete without a Lush bath bomb – or three.
12. Resisting the urge to go into full on beauty product review mode whenever someone asks for a recommendation on a certain beauty product.
13. Friends and family members being shocked when they realise just how much makeup you actually have.
14. Doing a little happy dance when people complement your winged liner.
15. Spending your Sunday morning lusting over everyone’s Instagram breakfast snaps and just wishing your bowl of cereal was photogenic.
16. Having a skincare regime that consists of at least four steps both morning and evening since starting a blog.
17. Collecting products in your online baskets throughout the month and then blowing your whole monthly wage on new makeup.
18. Telling yourself you’re on a spending ban at the start of the month. Three days later you’re awaiting the postman’s arrival for your brand new beauty products!
19. Trying to find a white background for every Instagram photo.
20. Looking forward to the #bbloggers chat so that you an add new products to your never-ending wish list.
21. And lastly, being so happy that you found the beauty blogosphere as you have finally found crazy beauty-obsessed people who can share your passion! Or should I say obsession?!
Can you relate? ; )
Lots of love,