Better late than never, ey guys?! October for me was a really good month. I had lots of parties, lots of events to go to and lots of make-up looks to experiment with! November is more than likely going to be a big mesh of university work; it looks like it’s set to be all work, no play, which sucks but then Christmas is coming and I’ll be home from university and party season can finally kick in! I tried a few new products in October and as I had lots of events I got to wear them on a regular basis which is always nice. So, without further ado, here they are…
1. Make Up Revolution “Run Boy Run” Salvation Eyeshadow Palette – try and say that really fast three times? What a mouthful. But its worth it as this palette is so jaw-droppingly beautiful. I absolutely love the pretty shades and this has been my go-to eyeshadow palette for nights out this month. (Take a look at my party fotd here and my Halloween fotd here). The pigmentation is amazing, the eyeshadow is really long-lasting, it costs just £6 and the shades are perfect for AW14; what more could you ask for?! I adore it, but if you want to read more about this palette then check out my review here.
2. Benefit “Stay Don’t Stray” Eyeshadow Primer – with an eyeshadow palette there has to be an eyeshadow primer and this one takes the prize. I love it. Not only does it ensure your eyeshadow stays in place all day but it also really brightens the eyes. This is only a wee sample, but when this runs out (it seems to be never ending!) I will definitely be purchasing the full-size product.
3. Simple Cleanser – I came home from uni one weekend this month and forgot my trusty Simple cleanser so had to resort to the make-up wipes ,and you should see the damage it did to my skin! I was really gutted as my skin flared out really badly and I think it’s simply because I wasn’t removing my make-up properly. However, after a few days of getting back into a skin care routine my face finally got a bit better, although I am still suffering from some pesky break outs which is so annoying. I blame the stress of university!
4. MUA Lipstick in Raven – okay, this is not a shade I thought would ever grace my lips but for Halloween it’s a must. I created a really cool leopard/cat Halloween look and this was brilliant. It stayed on my lips all night and required a lot of scrubbing to remove. It also cost just £1 so it’s great as I won’t use it now until next Halloween, and I didn’t end up breaking the bank!
5. Collection Liquid Eyeliner Tip Pen – I pinched this spare liner off my friend, Hazel, on Halloween and little does she know but she’s not getting it back (hehehe). It was great for creating crazy designs and I have been using it for winged liner too and love it! Seriously impressed. It doesn’t quite beat Rimmel London’s Exaggerate for me, but it is a great alternative.
6. Barry M Nail Polishes – [shades Black and Atlantis] – I just love these polishes. They work so brilliantly together and have been my go-to nails for this month. I will be sporting this look very often over the next few months as I think they are the perfect party nails!
What were your October faves?
Lots of love,
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin’