For me, a night out with the girls is an excuse to use and abuse my make up. I love doing my make up ready for a night out and always take so long doing it that I always have no time to get on and do everything else, resulting in me always being late. I always tend to use my old favourites but some times like to spice things up a bit by using some new products, such as a new shade of lippie or eyeshadow, or trying some different skin care items. But the good thing about taking my time is that my make up never comes off on a night out. You see girls going out looking like Beyonce and ending up looking like they’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards. It’s all about using the right products and applying the right amount. And this is my not so secret stash of products that are my holy grails on nights out.
1. Always start with a primer. You could even use your daily moisturiser as one. It sets the face ready and evens out the skin tone. I use Benefit’s Stay Flawless Primer but anyone will do.
2. Make sure your foundation is fairly heavy but not too much. Nothing that is going to give a lot of shine as your dancing on the tiles. I used Benefit’s Stay Awake Foundation and applied it with a make up brush. Always, always, always use a brush. Putting foundation on with your hands leaves smudges and grease and you end up with more make up on your hands than on your face more often than not.
3. Finally set your make up with a powder. For nights out I use a bronzing powder, in the form ofBare Minerals’ Warmth Powder. Using a powder over your foundation ensures it stays on all night!
1. Shading in those eyebrows for a night out is a big YES in my book. Who wants to see foundation brows? Not me! It shapes the face and opens up the eyes – a must have when you’ve had a bit too much to drink! Of course, I use Benefit’s Brow Zings.
2. Next, I apply mascara. For this I use Maybelline’s Rocket Volume Express Mascara as it gives heaps of volume and separates the lashes brilliantly. After I apply one layer, I always apply another to give extra volume and va va voooom!
3. When it comes to eyeshadows I love to experiment. On my last night out I tried out an NYC Palette and loved it! It came with four shades of colour and a concealer. I always use a lighter colour all the way up to the brow and over the lid, then I use darker shades on the eye lid progressing from a light brown on the inner eyelid and progressing darker as you move outwards. Smokey eyes are the only option for me on a night out, but you can create a variety of looks by experimenting with colour!
4. Finally I use The Body Shop’s Carbon Eye Definer along with Collection 2000’s Liquid Liner on both the top and bottoms of my eyes to make my eyes nice and dark.
On my cheeks I always tend to go for pinks and peaches. I use Benefit’s Bella Bamba and absolutely love it as it gives a natural, rosy glow.
Finally on my lips I like to use bright colours. I always forget about my lips every other day but always like to have a splash of colour for a night out. I line my lips with a red liner and then used MUA’s Bright Red lipstick and was pleased to see that it lasted a good while and didn’t need to be reapplied too often!
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo